lax, great job man, yore doing a great job of keeping tones even. 

I will say, dont get too tempted by lens flare, otherwise youll have a book full of lens flares. 

Thank you brotha - I have a roll of BW to develop still.

I'll definitely keep that in mind, I do like it occasionally.

Edited by laxlife1234

Getting into shooting film, but don't really have a scanner.

Do any of you have recommendations for good ones?

I think the Walgreens by my house can scan them, but at sub-optimal resolutions.

V600 is your best bet for entry to mid-level scanners. Or look for a used V500. 

Best bet is to check craigslist. 

@Schoon- I like how you're playing with shapes. I can see your composition improving greatly and feel like with some editing those shots could be even better. Look into a download of Lightroom 5; PS in your case wouldn't be needed. 

Keep shooting, everything looks good.

Is it alright to ask gear recommendations here?  Currently shooting with a t3i and looking to buy a new lens. I've got a nifty fifty and a 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 right now and I'm looking to replace the 28 with something that can shoot at a lower aperture.

Obviously, there's no single lens but I'm trying to find something that can be my go to and "walk around." Right now I'm looking at the 17-55 and 17-40. Any advice?