Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

So spot on:

"They’re not Instagram tats. Instagram tattoos are small and black, inspirational words or significant dates. Arrows and teeny dots. Hipster tattoos are scratchy, badly drawn things that recall the ones we made in school with a compass and ink."

At least here aren't as bad as those ^, seriously so lame...

That is an amazing looking souvenir jacket.

BTW I think souvenir jackets may make a mainstream comeback.  I've seen then more and more styled on TV shows.

-edit-

Bah that jacket is out of stock.  Would have bought it :(

Edited by dwilson123

Vintage had one on their Rakuten page but, sadly, OOS.  Not crying too hard I'm still on the fence with souvenir jackets.  But since penguins are one of my favorite animals it made it a logical buy.

Logical? I like both leopards and jeans but can't see myself buying leopardskin print jeans! :)

LMAO MF, I also spotted how dwilson123 tried to justify an expensive SDA jacket by the fact he likes penguins! Sounds like one of the lame excuses I try on the wife when she catches me perusing more jeans or shirts!

Hey All!

First post on this forum and first pair of SDA! I didn't know much about the brand going into BiG -- I thought I wanted PBJ or Oni -- and after trying on many pairs, I fell in love with the look, fit, and feel of a pair of D1657s. 

My question is, what is the difference between the Classic Series and the D series? 

It seems that these:

http://www.dartisan-onlineshop.com/SHOP/SD-307.html

Are exactly the same as mine....

Edited by p0rkbelly

• 2 weeks later...

so, here is my sd-101. got it raw, shrank it through washing twice. i could make real good use of a bit more front & back rise, pre soak was pretty awesome. post soak not so much. so i hope for some stretch. waist is snug but okay! will write more about the jeans itself when i am positive on the fit!

measurements: (waist is measured 360°, rest like iron heart does)

pre soak    post wash 1   post wash 2

waist         82                 78                  77.3

FR            28.2              26.5                26.5

BR           37.8               36                   35

thigh        32.7               31.4               31.1

knee        24.3               23.7               23.4

hem         22                  21                  21

inseam     91.5              85.5               84

IMAG0393_BURST002.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

Edited by Blue Nemo

They will stretch, but not without a fight, waist will get back to raw eventually, well mine have and all the other areas will give to. You just have to accept this denim is 'not like others' in that respect. I'm aiming to get some pictures of my worn pair of 101s up but opportunities haven been great with light outside work times.

thanks Maynard, patience then!!

i thought about sizing up to a 32, but this really wouldn't solve the matter as the waist "grows" much more than the rises - which i have trouble with.

denim is super hairy btw... not especially long hair, more like a short fur!

Looking good, Nemo. My weight has fluctuated a lot since I bought mine, but I've never had much issue with the waist. Occasionally tight after a wash but it always stretches.

The 15oz fabric is great. I'm glad you picked up a pair, I'm sure you will enjoy them.

The SDA 15oz fabric is great, love my 107. Nemo, post soak fit looks good to me mate.

Yeah, overall fit looks nice. Dig it myself. Problem for me is a too short rise and too much denim around the ass and thigh area. It's called diaper ass, right?

Gonna put some more days into the pair and then decide. Keep or trying to sell..