Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Those are amazing, Foxy! 

I like the belt loop detail where the upper end is run long and tucked under the waist band. Nice solution to not having an exposed cut end that frays. 

Fit pics? 

Edited by mpukas

I hink I'm anti-tucked beltloops... I appreciate the work, but seems like an extraneous detail thats just going to make getting your belt in more annoying.

But sick pair of jeans! I really want to see how that natural indigo looks faded!

Received the latest SDA pair today:

D16733D52A18C-267B-4B9A-BC1C-909C0DC176F1_zps

Natural indigo, limited run...FDC73D18-110B-4C24-BD8C-CB0ED4FA0FF7_zps

Lots of interesting details...C6E86476-0B9D-417D-8DEE-681160AE7BE6_zps

Fly front rivet and extra stitching...2042FA00-D5D4-4086-AF4E-229696DC1EB0_zps

Red bar tack on the coin/watch pocket...CDA7A563-960F-47C8-909F-5F5A9918526D_zps

Clean finish on the fly front...D343C0C1-AB2C-4163-999C-1C37ADB08CA0_zps

Custom-made pocket bag fabric...

Awesome details. Is there a reason for the horizontal stitch on the fly?

considering to enter the D1673 into the contest...

It's natural indigo, but after soaking and drying the denim shows a really nice texture and lots of patches in electric blue, already.

Do it foxy, I got a pair of 103xx coming for dwc. Be interesting to see the natural indigo age on each pair

+1, Foxy. These are the coolest jeans around, ATM. 

I agree that this pair is another outstanding pair by SDA, but I think that some of the custom pairs in the Artisian section are pretty nice, too!

I think I will enter with a pair of SDA...

First pics after soaking - still drying a little...

ddc8904de6bd503e31ca2799d70a6438_zpsifoo

0f23ad8e08613b234e12db6ee26a6605_zps8c1s

Excellent Foxy. These are based on the 103 pattern aren't they? Do you mind advising how you sized?

I'm still toying with the thought of getting the Avenue-001XX. I tried a raw pair of SD-103 recently in a size 33 which actually fitted pretty nicely (my waist now measures 34 having lost some beer gut), but Naoki is pushing me toward the size 34 in his 001XX which I am concerned would be too large in the waist.

Usually, I wear W32 in most brands - the denim stretches to 33-34" easily.

For the DoubleVolante styles I did size up 1.

For 005XX I sized up 1 to a W33.

Yes, 005XX is based on 103 with a higher rise (back, maybe front as well) and Wrangler style belt loops in the back (3 instead of single center back).

For D1673 I went with a W32, but probably should have sized W33...

Foxy, love those fits and scenery behind it looks great. 

Excellent Foxy. These are based on the 103 pattern aren't they? Do you mind advising how you sized?

I'm still toying with the thought of getting the Avenue-001XX. I tried a raw pair of SD-103 recently in a size 33 which actually fitted pretty nicely (my waist now measures 34 having lost some beer gut), but Naoki is pushing me toward the size 34 in his 001XX which I am concerned would be too large in the waist.

Bradl! You know what I'm gonna ask...  :D

When they arrive I'll post some up for yeah

Hoggy, I'd go with 34 if I were you. SDA are not easy to stretch out once shrunk and can be unforgiving plus the 103 is not a roomy cut.

This, I have a 33 in the x's-33 (103 cut) and the first three months was pretty hard on my waist. They have finally stretched enough, but still tight on my hips. So yeah, decided to go with the 34 in 103xx

Edited by bradl

I'm sizing up on my D1673 - consequently, I'm going to get rid of my pair in W32...

So, if anybody is interested in a pair Studio D'Artisan D1673 W32 give me a shout!

- limited run: 100 pairs

- natural indigo

- 103 cut

- one soak/wash

Measurements and pics upon request - will put them up for sale at one point...

Picked up this denim work shirt at BIG. First day wearing it to do some urban gardening. What do yall think of the fit?

2015-04-26%2007.43.08%201.jpg

Edited by itschrisb

Yeah I can button up the shirt perfectly fine even up to my neck which is usually a struggle on most shirts. I noticed it seemed to bulge but it's mainly because it's still somewhat stiff. I'll post full buttoned photos.