Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

^^ There are a few interesting bits and pieces in this months Free & Easy too, including the CPO shirt, denim fatigue jacket, etc.

Noticed it as well - not sure where this is going...

- a special shop release?

- are they coming with a 2nd Champloo jeans?

Different from the original tee - I like the new tee as well!

DSC01453.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

Google translator...

Will be sold at Champloo T-shirt Shinjuku Isetan Will be sold at a special event of Isetan Shinjuku, starting from next week the second edition Champloo T-shirt from Studio D'Artisan White and black color of the body is (unbleached). A sign of the design of the T-shirt has inherited the design of the bag of fabric Champloo jeans ... Pig familiar Daruchizan or even have suffered Hanagasa going to be about the Okinawa version ...

It is also with a print on the back. It has two colors this time, but the size of XL is considerably less Sign Up to XS ~ 2XL. Please do have a look, take all means to hand in need of special events in Shinjuku Isetan everyone. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

New pair coming out for f/w D1538xx-b

o0600045013013150431.jpgo0600045013013150433.jpgo0600045013013156187.jpgo0600045013013150432.jpg

If someone can explain this, the translation doesn't really make much sense to me. 

The yarns of the original (lower right) S twist yarn called, the thread that is used when you weave Aya left Use

Yarn has been twisted counterclockwise.

o0132014012663580302.gif

When you weave usually right intricate twisting Z (upper left I would be made ​​- to spend), it will shrink in the same direction as the right Aya
The combination of S twisting to the right dare twill, this fabric to manipulate the contraction to leave in the opposite direction
It is made to seem unique expression comes out.

The contracting direction when I say a word Well you would fight in reverse.
Though she wants to yarn shrinkage counterclockwise, weaving because he is so shrink clockwise ...

I'm curious about the cut of those.  I'm not sure if SDA makes their WWII jeans in a typical 40s cut, or if they use their various silhouettes similar to Full Count??  I've looked at that reservation page several times, hoping for some more detail pics.

Sounds like they twisted the yarns in the opposite direction than usually recommended for the specific type of twill - this could create an unusual effect on the finished fabric/jeans when soaked/worn...

(My guess instead of a proper translation.)

Sounds like they twisted the yarns in the opposite direction than usually recommended for the specific type of twill - this could create an unusual effect on the finished fabric/jeans when soaked/worn...

(My guess instead of a proper translation.)

Right hand twill conventionally has a Z twist yarn (Z is the standard). The effect of this is to lock down the yarn more, and give a tighter weave. This is according to tradition the strongest construction and has always been the convention for twill constructions.

Left hand twill, used with normal Z twist yarns, has less tension and therefore feels softer.

Right hand twill with an S twist yarn will be softer, like Z twist with L/h.

Left hand twill with an S twist yarn, locks down the yarn in exactly the same way as RHT/Z, so will gave a tighter weave but will exhibit leg twist in the opposite direction to RHT/Z.

Edited by Paul T

That's exactly what I needed to understand, appreciate it Paul.

These look like different jeans in these pictures, but from these they look fairly slim, but I am always awful at guessing by pictures. Also seems that the arcs are painted on, not a huge surprise for a model like this.

D1538XX-B-13.jpgD1538XX-B-14.jpgD1538XX-B-16.jpgD1538XX-B-7.jpgD1538XX-B-10.jpgD1538XX-B-17.jpg

This picture looks slimmer, maybe, because it is the same jeans but in 106 cutting version.. Originally, SDA release this one in 101 cutting only, but in the end they will make this one in 106 too.. I've heard, this jean is one of the most interesting fabric for this season, 15.5oz, slubby, pure indigo.. it's war model, so we could expect some war details.. Personally, i like it! great pics!

Ugh, I really did not want to hear that.... Way to many jeans coming out that are on my radar. So which picture closer represents the actual colour reg, first batch I posted or last? Going to assume first since its natural

That model looks great, quite like the camo pocket bags and the donut buttons!

And I really like the subtle pig hidden in pocket bags as well:

0724-4.png

Edited by Broark

The picture was from SDA's blog on the B version.

Should be in the shops on Monday - I would expect more pics and info slowly being released over the next 2 weeks.

I was told it is right hand twill, but looks left hand because of "the lay" - no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I hope to get more & better info next week.

Cut is supposedly 103.

The picture was from SDA's blog on the B version.

Should be in the shops on Monday - I would expect more pics and info slowly being released over the next 2 weeks.

I was told it is right hand twill, but looks left hand because of "the lay" - no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I hope to get more & better info next week.

Cut is supposedly 103.

From the blog text, they're saying it's a right hand twill with an S yarn. It will feel soft, like a left hand twill, but will have the same leg twist as a right hand twill.

The lay of the fabric normally refers to how it lies before it's cut - usually for selvage jeans there's only one lay possible, in that the outside seam always runs with the selvage. You can change the lay for the yoke, but I would guess thatin this case it's the yarn that's unusual.

I bought a pair of D1587s a few months ago. They're a slim fit in black denim and I really like the cut.

Unfortunately they're a size small. More unfortunately they were a limited run. Anyway, apologies for holding things up but if anyone is looking for a pair in a 34 they're up on my marketplace thread

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/156526-williamgibson-x-buzzrickson-wtaps-eg/