Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Damn, wish CAD didn't suck I would love to cop this. Tried it on when I was in Seattle and it was a beaut, couldn't believe how stiff it was. If it were mine I'd soften it up a bit before I waxed. But sweet pick uo

Here's the SDA chore coat I snagged on sale from BlueOwl. The 19oz duck canvas is extremely rigid, but I figure in about a month that will change. Even though there's plenty of room in the sleeves, the armholes are a bit higher and narrower than I'd prefer, and combine with the stiffness of the canvas make layering underneath a bit uncomfortable so far. 

IMG_0244.JPG

I like the look of this pocket, but it's almost entirely useless for my purposes (no pocket watch!)

IMG_0245.JPG

My favorite detail is the "hidden" repro union garment label:

IMG_0248.JPG

One question remains: to wax or not to wax?

i always liked the look and feel of waxed canvas, especially in that "carhartt brown" colorway!

the only thing is, that waxed cloth gets dirty real quick. which darkens it a lot.

i always used otter wax, which never disappointed me. although its quiet a chore to wax a whole jacket.... ;-)

@MileHigh how did you size on the jacket?

I took a 42, which happens to be what I wear in a suit. While it's a touch narrow in the shoulders and the armholes are higher than I'm used to, it's not slim fit/tapered through the body, which I really appreciate. I'll try to get some fit pics in the next couple of days. 

Also, I think everybody's right; I'm going to hold off on waxing.

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of the SD507, I sized up 1 to a 31 and they are big in the waist but great everywhere else. I love the fit and look. I like to wear them with sneakers and a t-shirt .

Did not get much stretch I think because they were loose to begin with. They fit great evrywhere but loose in the waist and are great with a belt. My thighs are thick and a 30 would have been uncomfortable.

Time for a little update on my Denim World Championship pair - Studio D'Artisan OKI-515...

I just hitting the 6 month mark since I started late and got distracted with wearing my summer pair for 1 month and participating in a Warehouse World Tour.

image_zpsbcokhkdk.jpeg

image_zpsdhh4sbq8.jpeg

So far they've only been hot soaked and I think it shows.

I will be holding off the first at least for another 3 month - if nothing unforeseen happens.

Closer...

image_zpslayop0or.jpeg

image_zpsapubp9px.jpeg

Details...

image_zpswe6aixy9.jpeg

image_zpsjlocqeza.jpeg

image_zpsmq6blbiv.jpeg

They are not the easiest fader, but I find them very rewarding once you get past the 4th month!

(Sizing them thight seems to help, too.)

Can anyone help with the sizing on the D1672 WWI Jean? My true waist is 36" and they seem to be OW. Do they stretch out easily?

I went tts, it's stretched enough that I need to wear a belt. But I also need a belt because the shitty sewn on buttons fall off way to easily. So currently missing the main button, and top fly button. Love the fit, denim is really nothing exciting, yet, and the construction is isn't what I know from SDA. Overall wish I got a pair of 1001 instead

I went tts, it's stretched enough that I need to wear a belt. But I also need a belt because the shitty sewn on buttons fall off way to easily. So currently missing the main button, and top fly button. Love the fit, denim is really nothing exciting, yet, and the construction is isn't what I know from SDA. Overall wish I got a pair of 1001 instead

Thats what I ended up doing. 

With the way you wear jeans, I am not surprised the buttons don't last long. 

update on my sd103's worn since sept 3rd 2006

still going strong after many little re-enforcements.

my complaint still stands: this pair has buttons that are blanks which are covered with a cap that has been pressed on.  because of that, there is a slight sharp lip on the underside of the buttons.  after years of doing and undoing the buttons, the button holes are getting torn.  they now sometimes come undone by them selves.  no big deal, just got to sew em smaller some day.

UdP520M.jpg

tzkd3BJ.jpgn6MOZkG.jpg

RC58ZP1.jpg

JcsfynG.jpg

Edited by bruised