RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ahahahaha yes! Hilarious...I kept bothering Gordon to carry them the first few years Resolute came out but he felt that the established New York clientele wouldn't appreciate jeans that looked like they came out of a JC Penny in the 70's (which isn't to say he didn't like them, just that it didn't fit in with Samurai etc. way back when). Glad to see he now thinks otherwise! If I didn't have so much Ooe to wear (not that I'm complaining), I'd pick up a pair of these (alas, my size is already sold out?!)...

I'm pretty tempted as well, but I think these are a bit more tapered than I'm liking these days.

Maybe the 711 (I think that's the straighter leg model) would be more my speed.

But we all know I don't need more jeans...

• 2 weeks later...

I got a pair in a 34 from here in pretty much new condition as far as i can tell.

The waist is fine but the legs, paticuarly thighs are a snug/tight fit. Is there much stretching to come or am I goosed?

Edited by Doogan

I've had the jeans on over the weekend and although they are a snug fit they do seem to be getting more comfortable. I'll probably try to get some pics up soon.

I'm trying to lose some weight so hopefully they'll work out.

They should be fine with wear and less washing; Myself personally, I prefer a looser fit just because I wash/dry often and don't like to rely on stretching jeans out to be comfortable. Comfort is king, so as long as you feel you can break them in to the point you're able to wear them, you're golden

I think they're just right -- great fit.  Even if they don't stretch much, I would guess you'll be fine.  I've never owned Resolute so can't speak to the stretch, but if they're like most jeans (Fullcount, Samurai, Warehouse) and unlike some (Cone/Roy) they'll relax with wear.

They are prob much like my w34's.... fine if you are up and about walking etc but no good if you have to sit for lengthy periods, driving/office.

I sold my w36's which in hindsight I shouldn't have as they were perfect. Think I will get another w36 this time with the shorter inseam.

They are fine for walking around and going up and down stairs. I notice they are pretty tight when tying my laces although expect that will improve.

Just wear slip-ons, preferably soft, grey loafers (even better when teamed with white socks), problem solved!

Good shout Maynard.

Thanks for the comments all. I will keep these and hopefully get some wear out of them. They might be good to use sparingly as a smarter pair when worn with no cuffs. Having said that I have seen some amazing faded pairs.

Fantastic fades on that pair! 

There's so many great pairs of Resolute around, I thought it would get more traction around here than it actually did. 

It could be due to a lack of representation in the west, all the well faded pairs I see on Instagram are from Japanese guys.

I'm sure with BiG stocking the 710 we'll see some more guys wearing Resolutes.

They're a pretty good price for what you get I think, I just currently have too many jeans as it is. 

I'm interested in the 711, I think that cut would suit my build better than the 710.