RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

dawei69

I don't even think in terms of "sizing down." I just want the waist to measure and fit about 82 cm raw and 78 cm after a wash (BiG style measurement), but with all the charts reporting different measurements, finding the size that matches that criteria is difficult. 

really? gimme more info please

Eral55, the japanese guy working there had a pair of 710 last time i was visiting about one year ago, and said they were planning on getting resolute on stock. No mention of it on their website but it's not updated. Shop is well worth a visit anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've worn my 710's for 100 days (yes I do count, I know I'm a geek, let's just leave it at that and move on), so I thought that I's put some piss poor photos up comparing against a new pair. These have been washed approx every 1-3 weeks.

DSC02015_zps7cde6b9f.jpg

DSC02019_zps184ae538.jpg

And the only visible bit of fading I can find.

DSC02016_zps6ef942cc.jpg

DSC02018_zpsf171be25.jpg

DSC02022_zpsfdf21de2.jpg

I think some people are taking Hayashi San's frequent washing advice for Resolute denim too literally. I can foresee some pairs looking like 1980s stonewashed jeans down the line. Horses for courses I know, but definitely not my (nose) bag.

have to agree. I dig the 710 cut but some of the fade samples are too washed out for me!Should I ever get a pair of 710's I will treat them exactly the same way as other pairs (wait at least 2 months of solid wear before the first wash)

• 1 month later...

Where might be the best place to buy a pair of Resolute 710's for those living the USA?

Also, how might the 710 fit compared with, say, a Samurai 710 or Fullcount 1108 (e.g., front/back rise, thigh)?

Thanks.

John

• 2 weeks later...

^from the resolute site:

The straight model with a shallow crotch that's tapered below the knees.
It has shrink-proofed to texture and has burned beforehand the fluff
which comes out whenever it washes. Zipper fly, paper patch.

I've not seen Resolutes in person yet, but I feel like this (for me) is the strongest expression of the 70s mall jeans repro idea which I think is really interesting about Resolute. I'm a bit worried they'll be small on me (712 only runs up to a 36 waist) but I'm optimistic, and as long as they're true to size or stretch a bit I should be ok. More asap!