skateboarding saved my life

i've never known a person who has used an ankle brace, but if it let's you skate then go for it. 

Yeah, not many people skate with them to be honest. It just sucks because once you start rolling ankles, you're prone to roll them even more frequently after that. 

I use sports tape to brace my ankle when I skate – I believe it helps by reducing the tendency of my ankle to give out when I land on

it awkwardly.

I might look into that also. I don't want to baby my ankle and stuff, but I don't want to keep getting hurt. Thanks for the tip bruv. 

Please tell me you guys have seen the new 5boro decks. It was about time I needed a new deck anyways..

damn those look real good... I almost forgot 5boro existed

I remember back when I was little, a 5boro nyc video was the first skate vid I saw.  It came already downloaded on my zune (lol) 

Edited by Schoon

BUNGIE CORDS AND KICKFLIPS IS NOT A TING

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if to cop magenta via theories of atlantis, fucking awesome, 5boro vhs decks, or a chapman deck. 

any input? more interested in board shape/favoring a shorter tail. 

ended up putting together an old slightly used heroin deck 8.25 (too big though) but I might look into getting a supreme board cus lol B)

anyone near newark nj/nyc/brooklyn area? 

and yeah chapman makes boards for those companies. pretty cool company, curious about their different shapes/custom boards.

Edited by POLYGAMY

getting better + more consistent with my kickflips.  I can land probably 1/2 of the kickflips/shoveits i try on flatground but I have yet to get one while moving.  even doing an ollie while moving is still a little awkward for me unless i'm jumping onto a higher platform.  

Being unable to land a lot of tricks had discouraged me a lot. Lately I've just been riding the ol cruiser since its easier, faster, turns better and grips the pavement better 

not sure if to cop magenta via theories of atlantis, fucking awesome, 5boro vhs decks, or a chapman deck. 

any input? more interested in board shape/favoring a shorter tail. 

In my opinion, the Fucking Awesome boards have an unfavourable shape – short wide noses and a slightly shorter but equally wide tail. Some of their graphics are cool, but I have serious problems with the brand name, Fucking Awesome just seems somewhat juvenile. That said, Dill and AVE are both awesome skaters and it's well worth supporting their product.

The last board I had was a Magenta, nice shape and pop, but not the best board I've had.

Personally, I'd go with one of the companies like Bronze or Supreme that use Chapman wood.

Edited by southofnonorth

Since my Alien Workshop cruiser deck already got a crack (landed a bineless fingerflip like an idiot) and this whole no-nose experience is unpleasant when skating in a streetpark, I am looking arounf for a new deck.

I´m thinking of going with a 8.5, 8.75 or 9.

Has anyone experience with Enjoi or Tired decks? These two are currently my favorites:

Beach_776810.jpg

and this:

http://www.skatedeluxe.de/de/enjoi-tranny-panda-8-75-deck-white_p72033?value[50][]=237&value[50][]=236&cPath=42&offset=2

I appreciate your help!

Edited by Landadel

I just recently folded my pinky toe under my big toe from landing fakie on a front board wrong...

My foot looked like an orange and the rail was flat at like 8in high, Now I'm out for like a month on something so simple.

Every time I get rekt, It's from simple easy shits!

Since my Alien Workshop cruiser deck already got a crack (landed a bineless fingerflip like an idiot) and this whole no-nose experience is unpleasant when skating in a streetpark, I am looking arounf for a new deck.

I´m thinking of going with a 8.5, 8.75 or 9.

Has anyone experience with Enjoi or Tired decks? These two are currently my favorites:

Beach_776810.jpg

and this:

http://www.skatedeluxe.de/de/enjoi-tranny-panda-8-75-deck-white_p72033?value[50][]=237&value[50][]=236&cPath=42&offset=2

I appreciate your help

Might be worth checking out the range of shapes Welcome makes